Lighter weight for wet wading, flats fishing and long approaches, our River Salt boots offer excellent performance and durability in both fresh and salt water; with Vibram® Megagrip soles for secure traction across a wide range of surfaces. Co-developed with Danner® and handcrafted in Portland, Oregon, with imported parts.
As we worked with the legendary boot builders at Danner® to create our new Foot Tractor Wading Boots, we applied the same innovation, craftsmanship and quality to a lighter-weight cousin. Sharing many of the same performance attributes as the Foot Tractors but geared toward wet wading, flats fishing and the backcountry, the new River Salt Wading Boots are built for the long haul—whether it’s the steep scramble to alpine-lake nirvana, wet wading in summer streams or stalking tailing bones across flats that stretch to the horizon. The uppers combine waterproof, full-grain leather with tough-yet-light 1,000-denier nylon panels, providing the protection you need from river rock and coral heads; adjustable speed lacing provides a customized fit across the forefoot and through the ankle for support on uneven surfaces. On the interior, a molded bi-fit board combines the shank, midsole and lasting board into a single piece that reduces weight without sacrificing comfort or durability. Securing the uppers to the soles, handcrafted, stitchdown construction creates a wide, stable platform and allows the boots to be easily resoled for lifetime performance that’s measured in decades. The Vibram® Megagrip sole compound was specifically developed for traction on both wet and dry surfaces, stands up to miles of dirt-road walk-ins and sharp coral flats, and works just as well for everyday fishing at the home pool; the soles also accept studs for additional traction. Made by hand (from imported parts) in Portland, Oregon, our Danner boots are the best wading boots we’ve ever made—and we believe they’re the last ones you’ll ever need to buy.
- Durable, waterproof, full-grain leather with a PFC-free tanning process for improved resistance to breakdown, even in salt water; leather can be reconditioned
- Tough 1,000-denier nylon paneling provides excellent abrasion resistance
- Lacing system has eyelets across forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; top single hook for easy on/off; hardware is nylon coated for corrosion resistance
- Perforated drains on both sides of boot upper clear water quickly; for faster dry times, upper design is free from unnecessary foams and backers
- Stitchdown construction creates a wider platform for more stability, helps protect the boot sidewall and allows the boots to be resoled by Danner®
- Molded bi-fit board combines the shank, lasting board and midsole into a single piece that reduces weight without sacrificing comfort and support
- Vibram® Megagrip sole compound specially developed for grip on both wet and dry surfaces while maintaining a higher level of durability; sole accepts studs
- 1,593 g (56.2 oz)
Upper: full-grain leather with 1,000-denier 100% nylon paneling.
Lining: 67% polyester/33% nylon.
Top midsole: 8IR rubber.
Lower midsole: polyether polyurethane.
Outsole: Vibram® Megagrip